Tuesday 11 February 2014

Performance Evaluation 

Today we performed our piece to our peers and teachers. Before we performed, we had about and hour to rehearse and tidy our site. After going over what we added on last week, we decided to all walk towards the bonfire, then sharply turn away when we do our direct walking. We chose to add this in purely because we thought it would draw attention to the bonfire and hopefully focus our audience's sight on that. We also placed some cardboard down around the bonfire so it was safer and cleaner when Lizzie, Daisy, Rebecca and I have to lie down around it.


We also changed into our costumes:

My expectations for our piece were high, as I felt like we had done enough rehearsals for it to run smoothly and I felt like we had responded to the site as truthfully as we could. My only concern was that of the audience's understanding of our piece. As we were performing behind a thick layer of glass, it is hard to hear or see their reactions to the piece, so I wasn't sure if they were engaged or bored. Having said this, I think that the audience reacted well to our piece, as after a few people said to me that the message got across.

Thankfully, it didn't rain when we performed and even though it had earlier, our ground was dry. Fortunately, none of the risks on our risk assessment form happened. I think the reason for this was because we had done a lot of rehearsals and ensured everything would be safe for the audience. One small accident which I hadn't expected was getting mud in our eyes. This only happened to me and I think I covered it up well. It was when Danny put me on the cardboard after the fire man lift, that the wind blew a bit of dirt in my eye. Although this wasn't a major risk, it could have compromised my vision and caused me to fall over or fall into someone else. Thankfully I managed to get it out in time, but the point was that we hadn't thought about the wind blowing small things into our eyes. I'm not sure if we could have prevented it without wearing safety goggles, but it was such a minor risk that we didn't think about it.

While I was performing, I felt as if I really lived in the moment. I did actually feel as if I was trapped and there was a fire slowly killing me. Not being able to see or hear the audience defiantly helped me get into ''the zone'' and focus on my fellow actors and the piece. I think I personal performed well, as I believed I was in a burning building and ensured I was always there if I was needed. The connection between us all was strong and we responded well to each other. We made sure that everyone in our group felt comfortable and supported during our piece by maintaining eye contact and sharing each others energy.

Overall I am very pleased with how our performance went. I think that our message of not always being able to plan for life's hazards really came across and resulted in our piece having a longer lasting impression upon our audience. Here is a video of our final performance entitled 'Fire':
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=739210162770025&set=vb.100000431433583&type=2&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment